Pages

Monday 22 July 2013

New Home

Today I have a card to share with you the I made for my sister and her gorgeous little family, who are moving into a new house today.  It's been a very long wait for them...they thought they'd be moving at the end of May but there have been lots of hold ups.  But today they'll be in, so I thought I'd send them a card to say "Yippee"!

Sorry the photo isn't great, I played around to try and get a better picture but alas I gave up.  Hopefully you can see in the close up that behind the cut out of the house is a map, which is of where they are moving to.  I got the idea of using maps in projects last summer when I was looking for ideas of what to give my husband for our second wedding anniversary.  I found framed cut outs of a heart with a map as the backing which could be personalised...the cost - £55! I decided I could do it myself quite easily and all in all did it for about £15 which even included buying an OS map to make sure the quality of the map was as good as could be. 

The map in this card I printed from the OS website "getamap", which is why the print is a bit pale.  The house I cut using my craft knife after drawing freehand, and the sentiment I printed onto card. I have raised up the kraft card on foam pads, as well as the sentiment to add some dimension.





I have the day off work today as I had a tummy bug over the weekend.  As I work in a hospital I'm not allowed to go back until Wednesday...I'm still feeling weak so going to make the most of sitting around and use the time to do some more crafting!

Jacqui x

No comments:

Post a Comment