Pages

Wednesday 10 July 2013

Seeing Spots

Sorry for going quiet for a little while, it has been a busy week or so in our house! Had my in-laws staying with us at the weekend which was lovely but meant there was no time for blogging.

It is my sister-in-laws birthday next week so I wanted to make her a card.  I have also just bought the "You Are" stamp set from CBS, so I couldn't wait to use them.  I saw this weeks sketch on CAS(E) this sketch and instantly came up with the idea of what I wanted to do. 

Here is the sketch:

And here is my card:




I used what is meant to be the middle of the flowers to stamp the circles, following the same layout as the sketch.  I then added a glossy accents to a few of the circles to make them pop, I then couldn't resist adding a couple of pink enamel dots to finish it off. The sentiment I printed onto card, I am really lacking stamps for sentiments so I think this will have to be my next investment, I've also seen some gorgeous digi stamps at Pink Petticoat which I'm really tempted by too.

I'd like to enter this card into both the CTS #35 challenge but also the Clearly Besotted Challenge #2. 

Supplies:
Stamps - CBS "You Are"
Ink - Versa Color 34 Orchid and Memento Lilac Posies
Enamel Dot - My Mind's Eye "Cambridge Court"
Glossy Accents, Dovecraft pink twine

Thanks for visiting, please do leave a comment as I love reading them and getting some feedback.

Jacqui x

7 comments:

  1. I tried to do exactly the same thing with the centre of the flowers when originally thinking of a card for this challenge Jacqui! Great minds eh?! Unfortunately, my one didn't turn out as lovely as yours so I had to abandon it....think I'll give it another go after seeing your fantastic card :) Your SIL will love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love how versatile these sets are, what a great idea to use the flower centre circles like this Jacqui! I'm going to have to have a go at something like this.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun use for these 'flower centre' stamps with such a bright and cheery colour too!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fun take on the sketch! I love using the "filler" stamps for unique images. In this case, you've used them brilliantly!! Thanks so much for playing with us at the CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge - we're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genius use of the little stamps, FAB! Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card! Love how inventive it is with the flower centres.
    Thanks for playing along with the Clearly Besotted Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete