Pages

Friday 12 July 2013

Graduation


One of my best friend's graduated this week as a doctor, much deserved after years of hard work and dedication, and she's having a party this evening to celebrate...so of course a card was required!

I searched the internet to try and get some inspiration for a doctor-themed graduation card but got absolutely nowhere.  I drew myself a sketch to include elements of "doctor" (stethoscope) and "graduation" (mortarboard), I also quite liked the idea of putting the year in there too.

I am not entirely happy with the card, I think its a bit boring...but it is what it is and I think she'll still like it.

The stethoscope and mortarboard I printed directly onto the card (my stamp collection doesn't stretch that far!).  I added enamel dots both the images to try add some detail, I also added glossy accents to the stethoscope to try and make it more interesting.

The 2013 I cut using numbers from Memory Box and the orange paper I embossed using Swiss Dots EF. I raised up the sentiment on foam pads to again try and make the card a bit more interesting which definitely helped.

That's all from me today. Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Jacqui x

No comments:

Post a Comment