Pages

Sunday 30 June 2013

Freshly Made Sketches #92

It's my Mother-in-law's birthday next week so I wanted to make a card to give to her.  I was massively lacking any ideas but I stumbled across the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge Blog.  I'd not seen the blog before but as soon as I saw this weeks sketch I knew what I wanted to do, and the card below is the result!  It's a really lovely sketch.

Here's the sketch:


And here's my card:


I drew the wave shape of the flowery paper freehand and cut it out, then used the piece I'd cut off as a template to cut the thin strip (it's dark aubergine, although it looks almost black int he photo).  The sentiment I tried writing by hand and embossing but it looked awful so I resorted to printing it out and it looks much better.

Supplies:

Gemstones - from stash
Flowery Paper - Boofle
Pink paper - from stash and embossed using "Simple Flowers" from Cuttlebug
Card - From stash

It's a beautiful day here so I'm heading outside while there's still some sun.  Thanks for visiting!

Jacqui x


1 comment:

  1. Great job with the sketch, Jacqui! I love how you accentuated the curve, the texturing and the rhinestones! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete