Pages

Sunday 9 June 2013

CTS #31

I thought I'd have another go at entering the CAS(E) this sketch...I was too late getting my first attempt uploaded! Never mind!  This weeks sketch was this:

                                      

I don't have anything that could resemble a feather, so I took inspiration from all the other elements and the need for something with a bit of height.  I came up with this...



I used paper from my stash to make all the elements of the card (mainly scraps kindly given to me by my Mum!).  As I've just got my Cuttlebug I couldn't resist using it to create a texture on the red block section, I used the "Swiss Dots" embossing folder.  The balloons I drew freehand and then covered in glossy accents, another new addition to my crafting collection...I think I need more practice as its a bit bubbly which I didn't realise until it had dried.  I like the added gloss effect on the balloons though, brings them to life a bit.  As for the sentiment I wanted to stick with the sketch so used my 2" punch to cut a circle and then stamped using some stamps from the "Everyday Words Happy Birthday" set from Personal Impressions in Tuxedo black from Memento.

I really enjoyed coming up with an idea, makes me be more imaginative than I usually am! Can't wait to see what next week's sketch will be.

Thanks for dropping by.

Jacqui x

1 comment:

  1. Love the gloss on these balloons. It really makes them pop.

    ReplyDelete